RSDG discussion
December 16, 2017, 02:07:46 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: LeMans pitting  (Read 6494 times)
SteveK51
New pie

« on: December 22, 2006, 10:40:57 PM »

(Take a look at the RSC SCC board for a hint of what I'm working on)

So I've got 35 cars on LeMans right now, and when it's time to pit the stalls are selected in what appears to be numerical order, so the #1-3 Audis all pit noze to tail, the Corvettes together, etc.  Which is okay if they're running on the track in numerical order, but if not, the second car to come along spears into his teammate when trying to pit!

So I was wondering, what logic determines the pit spot assignments?  I broke all the cars into individual teams, hoping that pit assignment would be random thereafter, but it was still the same.  I mixed up car numbers, but the cars still took the same order.  I then tried shuffling the pit stall locations in the aiw, but then the cars couldn't leave the pits at all!

My last idea was with the 1-car teams and random car #'s, to put all the cars in one class, but that would affect car performance, correct?
Ron
Notepad Physics Expert
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 12:39:56 PM »

There are three variables that I can think of for you to play with, which are listed below. We left the PitOrder wide open in SCC in anticipation of addon cars and teams, but if you make your own season (SDB file) then you can customize the pit order.

PLR File:
Vehicles Per Team="3" // Used for assigning garage & pit (range: 1-3), the number selected will determine the number of cars to share a pitstall and whether pitstops will be staggered

SDB File:
PitOrder  // Pitstop locations in order from front to back, list the team names in the parentheses
{
Team=Infineon Team Joest
}

VEH File:
Team="Infineon Team Joest"  // Used by PitOrder

SteveK51
New pie

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 08:35:26 AM »

Thanks Ron, I'm not sure these ideas worked for me, but I tried these changes and some other things.  Then I renamed one of the Audis, and that got the blood flowing again; the cars started pitting elswere in the pitlane!  Now I just have to figure out what exactly was the cause(s)...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: