RSDG discussion
December 16, 2017, 02:21:58 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Megane Eurocup Tire Issue...  (Read 4521 times)
FootySr
New pie

« on: October 18, 2007, 11:40:47 PM »

OK maybe it's not an issue... Maybe it's me. smile

Our league has just gotten back into the Meganes and ran the 2.02 last night. Those of us in the Eurocup Meganes pitted, got charged time for tire changes, but the tire wear didn't change in the info screen. I don't think the tires actually got changed. It didn't happen to those in the Endurance Megane.

I also didn't know about the Endurance Megane having a  larger fuel tank and got burned out of a 2nd place having to pit an extra time. smile My bad! smile

Sorry if this has been covered already. I've not been here in a while and I've not even searched "yet". Wink
FootySr
New pie

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:58:57 PM »

OK disregard... I'm reading at rFactor Central that it's normal. Guess I should read up on the real series. smile
Mika
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 02:53:53 AM »

Yep that's the way we intended it. Cup cars follow the 2006 Eurocup rules... only damaged tires are changed and the fuel cell is smaller because they do not refuel during races. Like the name indicates the Enduro cars are designed for longer races and refueling and changing tires is possible. Also the parc ferme rules are in effect in the Cup cars.
I suggest everyone in the league upgrades his car to Enduro spec. That's the way it's done in other leagues (VMS and rLeague comes to mind)

The 2007 Eurocup rules are way different though... this year they do driver changes and refuel.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: