RSDG discussion
December 15, 2017, 03:30:28 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: I wonder  (Read 35946 times)
Tiresmoke
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 08:58:19 AM »

Fun at Bristol
Tiresmoke
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 10:35:40 AM »

Man these cars are a blast at Bristol. I used to run a NASCAR league with the old Papyrus Nascar SIM's. I haven't run at Bristol much since then as most cars just do not take well to those short tracks and allow for much fun. Either they are way over the top or crappy there. But with these cars I could run a 400 lap race and have a blast. Very competitive and involved.

Granted most folks will want to crash the cars and have fun that way but they can be serious racers as well. I think there is a place where these cars will become league material as well as just plain fun toys.
Crewie
New pie

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 01:29:15 PM »

Granted most folks will want to crash the cars and have fun that way but they can be serious racers as well.
We do indeed take this form of racing very seriously over here......some people take it way too far seriously for their own good! laugh
I think your on to a good thing, but then I am very biased towards this style of racing.
Another formula of short oval racing that we have over here are called Saloon Stock Cars.
This form or racing is currently a one make series, using 2.0cc Ford Sierra's ( a Ford Mondeo is currently being tested for use also).
These are basicly ' box tube ' space frames, with the Sierra panels welded to the frame. The cars are fitted with large Farm Gate style front bumpers, which are used to push/spin the opposition out of the way.

Heres a link to a site with quite a few pictures to give you the idea:

http://www.racewall.co.uk/Loonz/

If you decided to try a mod for these things, it would be very popular with us in the UK, I would expect that once you try them, you would probably get hooked on them.
Tiresmoke
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 07:57:08 PM »

Let's try and get through this one before we considure where to go next. LOL

Let see. Beemers and Mini's at dawn.
cie21
New pie

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 04:05:14 AM »

yea i would really like to help beta test these carsi have expierience with similar type of race cars they are 2 man cruisers tho same basis as banger if you guys would like pictures i can get you sum of the car i drive and please get back to me soon if i can help beta test biggrinCheesy
my email is ciesielskimotorsports21@hotmail.com  wheelsmiley
Tiresmoke
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2008, 08:57:12 AM »

Always post a pic or twelve if you can. LOL

Who knows we may even paint a car in the game in your honor if it looks interesting.
Tiresmoke
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2008, 11:48:32 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEK5egRF8Fg
cie21
New pie

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2008, 01:37:10 PM »

hi all i want to show you some 2 man cruiser (banger racing) from my home track and the car i race at golden sands speedway here is a link to the video http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=25449813   

Tiresmoke
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 02:35:48 PM »

Good stuff Cie.
Mika
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2008, 04:44:58 AM »

Nice pics cie. I sent you a pm.
Tiresmoke
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2008, 02:54:50 PM »

I am getting permission before these logo's are final, but here is a quick preliminary pic of my car. LOL
Tiresmoke
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2008, 04:36:53 PM »

Well the permission to use FLD logo has been given so the car will make it into the game.

www.fastlanedaily.com or look for fast lane daily on youtube.
xblade
New pie

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2008, 06:31:39 AM »

hi there , im xblade  i am from New Zealand used to race this style car but we call them streetstocks contat but not much a, but seeing this mod has sparked my interest, if at all i can be of any help please holla out,i would be more than into it. from the vids i have seen i can garentee that the peops also interested will get many hours of enjoyment from this, good on the creators.
Tiresmoke
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2008, 11:21:57 AM »

Well the last car will change a little as the 24 hours of lemon's logo can't be used. Someone is going to base a commercial game on that series. LOL
xblade
New pie

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2008, 03:12:27 PM »

are you interested in any new zealand logos, i have got permitions to use a label from a major surf shop from our town , if so im more than happy to send it on to you Tiresmoke
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to: