RSDG discussion
December 11, 2017, 07:49:24 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Modifying Megane Trophy V2 tech specs  (Read 8367 times)
joshbishop82
New pie

« on: September 09, 2008, 06:53:27 AM »

Hello,
would you be able to inform me on how I would be able to modify the megane so that it drives like it has roughly 100-150 more BHP? I know this is not what you probably intended for the megane but I tried modifying the engine config files last night and I was hitting 250kph in first gear. Is there an easy way to modify the cars? would be great to hear back from you.

Thanks
Mika
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 12:38:52 PM »

Maybe you could use an engine file from some other car? A GT2 car's engine would probably be pretty close to the figures you are aiming for.
joshbishop82
New pie

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 05:29:00 AM »

Funnily enough I used the Formula IS (FIS) engine values which did make a difference. Got to around 250kph in 1st gear. so then I thought that the power is there but not the gearing, so i copied the gear values from the FIS car and that made things worse. What happened was that the car would start, rev to about 5000rpm, move forward 5 meters and then the engine cut out. I'm not an engineer so i dont know what I gotta do to make it all work. Im sure that im on the right track but I got no idea what I should actually be doing.

Mika
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 02:29:58 PM »

How about just changing the final ratio in Megane gearbox file? The original ratio is ratio=(8, 31)  // 3.875
Increase the ratio to make the top speed less.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: