RSDG discussion
December 16, 2017, 02:23:19 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I've tried everything HELPPPP!!!  (Read 7275 times)
redman265
New pie

« on: March 12, 2009, 08:20:34 PM »

Gmotor 2 error

"error loading texture mirror for material mirror" I have to click ok

Then

"Error loading global material mirror" i have to click ok

then the game starts as usual but i cant see anything cockpit tires etc.. just a grey block with what appears to be wheels

Hey can you help me with a problem i am having with the megane trophy mod on rfactor , sigh i've been at this for nearly 15hrs, before i was playing ok no problems but now, when i start a game with that mod i get a gmotor 2 error " Error loading texture mirror for material mirror" , i get in the game but i can't see the cock pit and my car including the other players look like grey blocks.

i've reinstall rfactor on both my internal and my external hard drive nothing changes
i've reinstall this mod time and time again.

note before when i use it the first time everything worked fine .. i am just clueless as to what could be the problem.

if u cant help is there anyone u know who could help me out.
redman265
New pie

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 10:29:10 AM »

i atleast though this was the one place i could go to , to get my fix sigh, i've been on this for nearly 3days sigh.

i've downloaded rfactor and rfactor lite

downloaded this mode from 3different websites

gone over installation over and over again

move rfactor from its location from Cdrive  to my Edrive (external)

downloaded the new direct X and the old

gone on nearly every forum which deals with rfactor noooo reply

even played around with the graphics car just to see if it could be that

now it is to be noted this mod worked FINE when i first used it.

as i said it being u guys were the makers i would atleast though u could help.
Mika
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 11:02:16 AM »

Hi. Yes we probably could/can help, but the thing is that we are not actively doing this stuff right now.

Anyhow.. weird problem. You could try narrowing down the problem by removing the mirrors from the car.
Go to your Megane folder -> X:\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\Megane
You see a bunch of *.GEN files. Open the GEN files in a text editor (notepad) and locate the COCKPIT instance. Delete mirror meshfiles (delete the whole line). The mirror meshfiles are likely to have a MR prefix.
Then save the GEN files and try if the game loads.
redman265
New pie

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 01:30:24 PM »

do you mean this? if so i dont see any thing about mirror.

Instance=COCKPIT
  {
           Moveable=True
           MeshFile=Megane_cp.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.0) ShadowReceiver=True
           MeshFile=Megane_cpwind.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.0)
           MeshFile=<MRDS_CP> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.3) ShadowReceiver=True
           MeshFile=<MRPS_CP> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.5) ShadowReceiver=True
           MeshFile=Megane_carbody_cp.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(3.0) ShadowReceiver=True
           MeshFile=megane_int_cp.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.5) ShadowReceiver=True
           MeshFile=MEGANELCD.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.0) ShadowReceiver=True
           MeshFile=MEGANELCDGLOWS.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.0) ShadowReceiver=false
           MeshFile=Megane_pmesh_cp.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.0) ShadowReceiver=True
    <DIRTEXISTS> MeshFile=Megane_cpwindDIRT.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.0)
  }
redman265
New pie

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 06:44:15 PM »

i got the problem fixed semi. .... well i can race online no problem i can see the car no cockpit still. deleted that section i poster earlier and everything works

i can see the wheel but i cant see the dash if u get me but i can see my  car and the other players .. this mod rocks

so i'll be punching all 6 down the straight now :-)
Mika
Administrator
Zero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 05:58:29 PM »

At least the three objects listed below contain the mirror material. If your system is not capable of rendering the mirror material (as it seems) then deleting those objects will get rid of the error. Deleting those lines will mean that you also loose part of the cockpit.

MeshFile=Megane_cp.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.0) ShadowReceiver=True
           MeshFile=<MRDS_CP> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.3) ShadowReceiver=True
           MeshFile=<MRPS_CP> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.5) ShadowReceiver=True

Obviously none of this is an answer to the actual problem. I have no idea why your system is having trouble with the mirrors. Is this the only mod you are having problems with?

redman265
New pie

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 08:24:01 AM »

Yup this is the only mod. Note that when first ran the mod it was all fine i could see everything now its only the cockpit.

i dont mind not being able to use the mirrors.. Thanks again guys .
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: